Seed Grant Program
Supporting UCLA faculty in advancing global health research
The DGSOM Global Health Program (GHP) is pleased to announce a new Seed Grant Program. The primary goal of this Program is to support faculty involved in global health research in low- and middle-income settings, to establish or further build long-term global research partnerships that address pressing health questions relevant to the local setting, and to build the capacity of young researchers at UCLA and global partner sites. The inaugural Seed Grant recipients are collaborating with researchers and trainees in Mozambique and Vietnam on projects that focus on vulnerable populations: HIV-exposed infants in Mozambique, and transgender women at high risk of HIV in Vietnam.
Awards are up to $50,000 for a period of one year. We anticipate that up to two grants will be awarded each year.
Application process and timeline
Please see the Request for Applications with full details.
- All applicants are required to submit a Letter of Intent prior to submission of the full proposal. LOI due by 5pm on Friday, 10/2/2020.
- Individuals invited to submit a full proposal will be notified by 5pm on Friday, 10/16/2020. Please review the scoring criteria for reviewers and FAQs to help with your application.
- Full proposal due: 5pm on Friday, 12/18/2020.
- Awards announced: 5pm on Monday, 3/1/2021.
- Award period will begin once proof of UCLA IRB has been provided, by no later than 5/31/2021, and will end 6/30/2022.