The UCLA Center for World Health welcomes the cultivation of relationships with representatives from diverse media. We welcome media inquiries about the global health and international work we are engaged in, and can provide media access to the breadth and depth of global health and international medicine expertise at the David Geffen School of Medicine and UCLA Health. Please direct all media inquiries to Fedra Djourabchi at 310-206-9398 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected Media Articles on the Center
- UCLA Scientists to Help Map Armenian Genome
Fedra Djourabchi. UCLA Newsroom. March 3, 2016.
- MOU Signed with UCLA for Mapping of Armenian Genome
Fedra Djourabchi. Asbarez. March 1, 2016.
- We Are the World: UCLA’s Reach in Education, Research and Clinical Care Extends Around the Globe
John C. Mazziotta, Vice Chancellor. UCLA Health. U Magazine. Fall 2015.
- Postcard from Malawi
Faysal Saab. UCLA Health. U Magazine. Fall 2015.
- Good Afternoon, Mrs. Gates
Abraar Karan. UCLA Health. U Magazine. Fall 2015.
- UCLA Center for World Health Turns Spotlight on Failing Health of Earth
Elaine Schmidt. UCLA Newsroom. July 28, 2015.
- UCLA Partners in New Congo Basin Institute — a ‘Game-Changer’ for Environmental Protection
Alison Hewitt. UCLA Newsroom. June 30 2015.
- UCLA Center for World Health Sends Faculty to Teach, Train, Treat Around the Globe: Its 170 Projects in 65 Countries Aim to Improve Lives in Resource-Poor Nations
Rachel Champeau. UCLA Newsroom. April 17, 2015.
- UCLA Physicians Use Google Glass to Teach Surgery Abroad
Rachel Champeau. UCLA Newsroom. June 11, 2014.
- Offline: America — A Country Facing Two Futures
Richard Horton. The Lancet. Vol 383; April 26, 2014. Commentary on the launch of the UCLA Center for World Health.
- Experts Ponder How to Achieve Global Access to Quality Health Care
Idelle Davidson. UCLA Newsroom, April 18, 2014.
- UCLA Launches Joint Venture with Chinese Firm to Open Sophisticated Lab in Shanghai
Elaine Schmidt. UCLA Newsroom, April 8, 2014.
- Thomas Coates Receives 2013 Elizabeth Fries Health Education Award
UCLA Health. Health and Medicine Newsroom, April 23, 2013.
- Doctors Across Borders
Dan Gordon. UCLA Medicine. Spring 2009.